ViSalus Policies And Procedures
You can download the PDF by clicking ViSalus Policies And Procedures
The Distributor Code of Ethics
As a ViSalus Sciences® Independent Distributor, I agree to uphold the integrity of the company. I will be honest and fair in all of my dealings while acting as an Independent Distributor of ViSalus™.
I will perform all of my professional activities in a manner that will enhance my personal reputation, as well as uphold the positive reputation established by ViSalus™. I will be respectful to every person contacted in the course of my ViSalus™ business.
I understand that any harassment or improper treatment of individuals can be grounds for the deactivation of my Distributorship. I will fulfill my leadership responsibilities as a Sponsor, including the training and support of the Distributors in my organization.
I will not misrepresent ViSalus™ products or compensation plan, nor will I engage in any other deceptive or illegal practice while representing ViSalus. I will make only such claims for the products that are proven and are approved by the company.
I will conduct my independent ViSalus™ business in such a manner as to respect the products and professionalism of other companies. I realize that cooperative marketing is an exciting way of bringing a vast array of products and services to the market place, and that ViSalus™ seeks to further the cause of personal independence and true financial freedom.
I will remember, at all times, that only through service, to both customers and Distributors, will real success truly manifest.
I. Requirements to Become an Independent Distributor (ID)
All persons applying to become an Independent Distributor (ID) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
All ID’s must submit an ID Agreement to register with ViSalus and to receive commissions. Identification Requirements: ViSalus will use the Social Security numbers of all ID’s for purposes of internal identification. All Distributors will be given unique Distributors Identification Numbers that will be used to track all transactions and communication with ViSalus. Both Social Security numbers and Distributor Identification Numbers will be kept strictly confidential, except where appropriately and legally required for submission to government agencies.
II. Legal Entities as ID’s
Corporations & Partnerships:
To become a new ID as a corporation, partnership, trusts, or to change status, one must complete and submit the Corporation Enrollment Information document, along with their Independent Distributor Application. This includes providing copies of all D.B.A. papers and the Employer Identification Number (EIN) to ViSalus. All Social Security numbers and names of each partner, principal, stockholder, officer and director must be provided. The partner who submits the form must be authorized to enter binding contracts on behalf of the partnership or corporation. It is not permissible for partners applying as a partnership or corporation to have been or to currently be ID’s of another partnership or corporation within twelve (12) calendar months preceding the execution of the agreement. If so desired, written notification of resignation of position must be received by ViSalus and be on file for no less than one (1) year in order for the request to be approved. If an active ID desires to change status from an individual to that of a partnership or corporation, this policy does not apply, providing there is no request for change of sponsoring/referring ID. A partnership or corporation may become an ID subject to review and approval by ViSalus. However, no individual may participate in more than one (1) position in any form.
A husband and wife may operate as ID’s jointly or separately. If they desire two positions, one must be the enroller of the other. Should a husband/wife divorce; ViSalus must be notified as to how the business is to be managed. All requests regarding changes of names or Identification Numbers of the ID position must be submitted to Distributor Relations in writing and agreed to by both parties. ViSalus reserves the right to verify all authorizations prior to making any changes. Otherwise, ViSalus will only recognize the individual whose Social Security number was originally listed on the ID Agreement. ViSalus will only continue to service the ID that remains in our system. This also applies to those relationships that qualify as common law marriages.
III. Position Termination and Cancellation
To cancel an ID Agreement or resign as an ID, you must mail or fax, your request to ViSalus’ Distributor Relations with a signature. To reactivate a position, a written request must be submitted to Distributor Relations along with any past Distributor Administration Fees due. If you request your Distributorship to be canceled or terminated and later decide that you would like to reactive a Distributorship, you must wait a minimum of 12 months from the deactivation date. This 12 month waiting period does not apply to Distributors who have been migrated to Customer accounts due to failure to comply with the annual Distributor Administration Fee policy.
Willing/ Transferring or Selling an ID Position:
ID’s positions may be transferred to another individual or corporation by sale or request. If an ID decides to sell a position he/she must provide ViSalus with the following documents in order for the transaction to take place:
- Sale of Distributorship Document
- New ID Agreement, signed by the purchaser
- Copy of the purchaser’s D.B.A. papers (if applicable)
- Twenty-Five ($25.00) transfer fee payable to ViSalu
In addition, the ID selling or transferring their position cannot be involved in the act of cross line recruiting subsequent to the sale or transfer of the position. In the event that it has been determined that the seller is guilty of cross line recruiting, the transfer or sale of the position is null and void and the position will be deactivated permanently.
Return Policy for terminating ID’s:
ViSalus agrees to repurchase from a resigning or terminating ID all unencumbered products and sales aids purchased by the ID from the Company within the previous 30 days (or longer where required by law) which are unused and in commercially re-sellable condition. Any and all commissions and bonuses previously paid out on such sale will be retracted upon the return if said refund represents more than 50% of the product value originally received.
IV. Rights of ID’s
Qualifications for Commissions and Bonuses
For more details please see your compensation plan manual.
Note: ViSalus reserves the right to promote and demote ID’s at any time.
ID’s are not required to subscribe or to purchase any product or service of any company with which ViSalus contracts, or to purchase or subscribe to any product or service that ViSalus itself provides in order to receive commissions. However, if an ID chooses to do so, they will pay all billing when due. If an ID becomes more than sixty (60) days past due on any bill for service or products provided by ViSalus or a company with which ViSalus contracts, the ID may have any check debited in order to cover the past due amount. The ID’s position may be subject to termination.
Check Minimums and Surcharge:
All checks issued by ViSalus are subject to a minimum of Twenty dollars ($20.00). Commissions and bonuses below Twenty dollar ($20.00) are held in escrow. Additionally, all checks are subject to a Three dollar ($3.00) administration fee. Minimums and surcharges also apply to all Prosperity Card loads.
The Prosperity Card is available to all active ID’s and can be used as a debit MasterCard at ATM’s and POS locations. Weekly and monthly payment cycles are loaded to the Prosperity Debit MasterCard if the ID chooses this payment method instead of checks. Card loads are available instantly on the appropriate payday. A one-time fee of $4.95 (within the US) will be charged upon activating the Prosperity Card. Additional fees will be applied for services; full details will arrive with the card. You will be able to manage, track and take advantage of the many other benefits of your account online in the ViSalus Back Office.
Should an ID experience a delay in the receipt of his/her check and wish to be issued a new check, the ID will be responsible for a stop payment fee of Thirty dollars ($30.00) for the cancellation of the original check and that fee will be deducted from the replacement check.
Annual Administration Fee:
An annual $25 Administration Fee will be automatically charged to each ID in the month of their enrollment anniversary date. This fee is for services which include, but are not limited to, customer & organizational reporting, Customer & Distributor support, and annual accounting services. Failure to satisfy the Administration Fee will result in the Distributorship being placed on Financial Hold for up to 90 days. Any potential commissions will be forfeited during this time. If the Administration Fee remains unpaid after 90 days, the Distributorship will be deactivated and downgraded to a Customer Account assigned to their original Sponsor. All sponsor and enroller relationships will “roll up” to the next active upline Distributor. If a deactivated Distributor decides to once again pursue the ViSalus earnings opportunity, they must re-enroll as a brand new Distributor and will not be placed back in their original spot.
Ordering, Payment, Shipping and Return Policies
Data entry procedures:
ID’s and Customers can place orders or enter new ID’s directly through the online system. Any orders placed by 11:59pm pst will be counted towards that same day’s production. Faxed product orders and ID agreements are entered into ViSalus’ system on the business day that they are received. Paperwork received after 4:00pm est will be processed the following business day. All illegible or incorrectly completed paperwork will be marked as “pending” and delayed in processing. Orders will be processed as received; therefore, ID’s should contact ViSalus to check on a “missing order” before submitting more than once. Paperwork must be 100% correct. It is the ID’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of the information of any new ID’s you sponsor or any customers acquired. ViSalus employees make every attempt to read handwriting, however if documents are illegible ViSalus cannot guarantee that they will be processed.
Methods of Payment/Delivery:
To process an order for products and materials, simply place an order via shopping cart online or call, fax or mail your order to the Order Entry Department. All major credit cards are accepted. Debit cards with Visa or MasterCard logo are also accepted. To pay for your order by money order, call ViSalus’ Order Entry and request a “quote” for your order. When mailing the money order, simply supply the order number given at the time of the quote or reference the term “quote” and the order will be shipped the day payment is received.
All ViSalus orders are shipped via UPS or USPS. (We cannot ship to a P.O. Box). Next Day Air or Two-Day Air Service is available at additional charges (express shipping not available via shopping cart). ID’s who would like to pick up orders may do so Monday through Friday from 9:30am–5:30pm est at ViSalus headquarters in Troy, MI. It is recommended to call in advance so your order is ready for pickup.
As a benefit for being a Distributor with ViSalus Sciences, we have created a way for you to purchase all of ViSalus Sciences’ products at a wholesale price, providing you with an incredible opportunity to receive discounts on personal consumption and earn additional income if you decide to retail products at the Suggested Retail Price. There are no requirements to receive the Wholesale Price other than being a registered distributor with ViSalus Sciences. Products purchased at wholesale price can be received monthly by placing them on the Auto-Ship Advantage Program for convenience and efficiency. ViSalus Sciences reserves the right to limit Distributor and Customer orders to a maximum of $4,999.00 in a one-month period regardless of payment method. We do not suggest or condone the practice of ordering large quantities of inventory for the sole purpose of qualifying for a position in the ViSalus Compensation Plan. To protect against this, we monitor all account activity on a monthly basis and reserve the right to investigate or take disciplinary action should we believe such practices may be taking place.
Preferred Customer Pricing:
Preferred Pricing is offered to all ViSalus customers who would like to receive specific products from ViSalus on a monthly basis. As a benefit to outside preferred customers who sign up for ViSalus Sciences’ Auto-Ship Advantage program and ViSalus Sciences’ other great products. Preferred Customers are instantly a part of the Auto-Ship Advantage program and therefore count toward the Distributor requirement of $125 in Auto-Ship volume.
Suggested Retail Pricing:
ViSalus Sciences’ Suggested Retail Pricing is the designated value of each ViSalus product. ViSalus distributors who purchase products at the wholesale price are recommended to use the Suggested Retail Price when selling products for a retail profit. All customers who order through ViSalus directly who are not enrolled as a Distributor, or are not a Preferred Customer on the Auto-Ship Advantage Program, will receive the Suggested Retail Price of each product. Any products purchased one time at Retail Price will not count toward the distributor $125 Auto-Ship qualification, but will count towards the $200 PQV Qualification. See ViSalus’ Compensation Plan for further details.
Changes on a Customer’s Account:
To add or remove products to an Auto-Ship order, customers and distributors must log into their back offices and make the desired changes at least 5 days prior to shipment. Changes may also be faxed or emailed into Data Entry 5 days prior to the shipment date. Changes made during or after the 5 day period may not take effect until the following month.
ViSalus stands behind all of its product offerings and will accept a return of products that are not to our customer’s satisfaction including products which the customer cannot utilize due to medical reasons using the following guidelines:
- Exchanges for the same product will be made for products that may have been damaged in transit.
- Products which have been purchased for the first time and don’t meet our customer’s satisfaction can be returned within 30 days of delivery for a full refund less shipping and handling.
- Returns of all other product must be made within 30 days of delivery of product orders in order to receive a refund for the value of the saleable product returned.
- Returns of all saleable products made more than 30 days from the delivery date will be eligible for product credit towards other ViSalus products and are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- Packages returned due to unsuccessful deliveries (i.e. 3 delivery attempts, customer moved, customer gave incorrect or incomplete address) may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges to have the product resent.
- Commissions of any type that are paid to Distributors on products that are ultimately returned to ViSalus for refund will be deducted from future Commission payments.
ViSalus ESS and Business Opportunity Return Policy:
An Independent Distributor who cancels their Distributorship within 30 days of enrollment may return unused products from the Executive Success System which are unopened and in resalable condition. A refund will be issued for the value of the Business Opportunity ($49) and the value of unused and saleable products up to $450. If the value of the returned product exceeds 50% of the product value originally received, the Fast Start Bonus received by Distributors on said sale will be deducted from future commissions owed to those same Distributors.
If an Independent Distributor cancels their Distributorship within their first year but more than 30 days after their enrollment date, the same guidelines apply however returned, saleable products will result in a product credit equal to the discounted value of those products (up to $450) rather than a refund and will be subject to a restocking fee.
A Return Pre-Authorization Number is necessary for a return to be processed. The Customer or Distributor is required to contact ViSalus to obtain a Pre-Authorization Number. This number must be written on the Refund Authorization Form that is to be sent back to ViSalus with the returned product in order for the return to be processed. If a package is returned without a Return Pre-Authorization Number, the information will be documented and the Customer or Distributor will be required to call and provide further information as to why the package was returned. Unauthorized credits will not be issued when a packaged is returned.
Customer Service 9:30am–7:00pm est Monday–Friday 877–ViSalus
Invalid Preferred Order Policy:
Sending in preferred customer orders without the customers consent is a serious offense. Invalid Preferred Customer orders are defined as orders sent in as preferred customer orders for any purpose without the written authorization from the customer. Sending in a preferred order when a customer stated that they would like to try the product one time falls under credit card fraud and/or forgery. These allegations by the customer will be investigated and proper action taken as stated under the Invalid Preferred Order Procedure. ViSalus will not hinder any investigation or legal action a customer may choose to take against such cases.
Invalid Preferred Order Procedure:
If a customer calls in to inquire why they received a second shipment of an order that they only wanted once, the customer will be asked to submit a signature sample (via identification card) which will be compared to the original order form. If it is a match, the customer authorized preferred shipments and no credit is issued. If the signature does not match, a full credit is issued to the customer and the ID will be penalized as follows:
1st offense: The ID will receive a warning and a formal letter is sent out. ID will be debited for any shipping and handling costs associated with that order.
2nd offense: The ID is sent another letter advising them of a one month suspension, during which time all commissions are forfeited. In addition, any shipping and handling costs will be debited to the ID.
3rd offense: Letter of deactivation is sent, the ID is deactivated and commissions are withheld indefinitely
V. Obligations of ID’s
Change of Personal Information:
ID address information must be current and accurate in the system. ViSalus is not responsible for mail delays due to inaccurate and non-current residence information for ID’s. ID’s must report any change of address via their My ViSalus Business site. Should mail be returned to the home office because of failure to notify ViSalus of an address change, the ID is placed on inactive status. When changing to a company name and corresponding EIN, the ID must submit all of the following documents to the home office in order to process the request for change:
- A copy of the SS4 form, which is the form used to apply for an EIN through the IDS, or any other legal document that distinctly displays your company’s EIN.
- Names and Social Security numbers of all the company’s principals.
- A newly completed ID Agreement, signed by an individual authorized to enter into binding agreements.
All ID’s are responsible for any and all expenses, which result from their business operation. Miscellaneous expenses include, but are not limited to: licenses or permits required to operate a business, legal fees connected with the use of a fictitious business name, telephone expenses, product advertising, etc. No ID shall involve ViSalus in any contractual relationships to their business. ID’s cannot and will not sign any contract, rent or lease office space or equipment, open any bank account, secure credit, cash any negotiable instrument, make any purchases or enter into agreements of any kind in the name of ViSalus. Such practices are subject to ID position termination. Each ID shall hold ViSalus harmless from any claims, damages, expenses or liabilities arising out of said ID’s business practices, including attorney fees arising out of actions or conduct in violation of this agreement.
Claims and Representations:
All ID’s begin with an equal opportunity for income. ID’s will not make any statements or representations regarding ViSalus services and/or products other than those provided in these Policies and Procedures and other printed material available by ViSalus specifically.
- When an Agreement is signed, you become a self-employed, independent contractor. Independent distributors do not work for ViSalus, they work with ViSalus, and hence they are not employees of the company Independent ID’s shall not confuse or create a relationship of employee/employer, agency, partnership or joint venture between any participant, referring ID and ViSalus. Any implication or claim that an ID or prospective ID is or will be employed by ViSalus is prohibited.
- ID’s shall make no claim or inference as to what may be earned. No guarantees of any income or assurances of any profits or success are made by ViSalus. Furthermore, any profits or success resulting from activities as an ID will only be from the sales volume, products or services offered by ViSalus and any success achieved will be based solely upon the ID’s efforts, commitment, and skill.
- Each ID acknowledges that no Attorney General or other regulatory authority ever reviews, endorses or approves any marketing company, its product or service, or its compensation plan, and will make no such claim to prospective ViSalus ID’s. In the event a question shall arise concerning the legal compliance by ViSalus, such shall be submitted to ViSalus’ in writing. ID’s shall make no false or misleading statements concerning these relationships, and understands that if they do so, their relationship with ViSalus may be immediately terminated.
Reporting of Taxes:
ID’s are not considered employees for purposes of the Federal Insurance Contributions Act, the Social Security Act, the Federal Unemployment Tax Act, Income Withholding by ViSalus or any other laws governing employees. It is the responsibility of each ID to make self-employment and Federal Income Tax payments as required by law. As such, ViSalus does not deduct any personal taxes from commissions and/or bonuses. At the end of the year, as required by law, ViSalus provides each ID and the Internal Revenue Service with a 1099 Form. Currently, state laws require the reporting of incomes of Six-Hundred ($600.00) dollars or more. These laws may change over time and ViSalus will furnish 1099’s Forms in accordance with those laws. The 1099 Form reports the total income earned by each ID from ViSalus during that year.
Returned Check Policy:
ViSalus will deposit checks once and any remaining unpaid will be subject to a Twenty-dollar ($20.00) returned check fee. The ID will be deactivated until they have remitted, via credit card, money order or cashier’s check only, the total amount of the returned check plus the returned check fee. Only upon receipt of this payment will the ID be reactivated. While an ID is deactivated for a returned check, all commissions and/or bonuses will be held until ViSalus has received the total balance due. If a period of 30 days has passed since a deactivation for the NSF check and the balance due has not been remitted, all commissions and bonuses payable will be permanently forfeited. ViSalus may require that an ID who has previously had a check returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF), remit all payments for future transactions via credit card, cashier’s check or money order.
ViSalus pays commissions to the ID based on the previous month’s volume. In the event a product should be returned, the ID will be charged back for any commissions generated by the sale of that product. The process will retract commissions from the appropriate ID and the respective upline. This charge back will occur by debiting the ID’s current monthly volume for the product amount. This will occasionally show a negative amount for volume. To remain qualified for their position, any volume debited must be made up through additional sales bringing the ID’s volume back up to qualifications defined within the compensation plan.
VI. Prohibited Practices of ID’s
ViSalus conducts business in an ethical and credible manner, and expects all ID’s to work ethically with their customers, with each other, and with the company. ViSalus permits no unethical activity and ViSalus will intervene when unethical behavior is evident. ViSalus reserves the right to use its best judgment in deciding whether certain ID activities are unethical and if determined so, are grounds for terminating or deactivating the ID position. If for any reason an ID violates any of the terms of the Agreement and/or these Policies and Procedures, ViSalus reserves the right to immediately deactivate or terminate the ID’s position. Such action by ViSalus will terminate any and all rights of the ID and any further payments of any kind and is effective at the time of said violation.
Examples of unethical activity include, but are not limited to:
- 1. Providing false information on paperwork, such as forging signatures
- Cross-line recruiting (see below)
- Making false or misleading representations as to potential income, product benefits, the actual use or effect of ViSalus forms, the ViSalus relationship with its suppliers, or any other untrue statement regarding the nature of ViSalus and its business operations and products.
- Contacting any supplier or provider with whom ViSalus contracts without ViSalus’ written authorization
- Writing bad checks to either the company or to another ID
- Depositing checks made payable to ViSalus into personal accounts instead of immediately forwarding them to the company
- Spreading rumors throughout the company with malicious intent
ViSalus strictly prohibits “cross-line recruiting” which is the solicitation of any ID who was already referred by another ID. Directly or indirectly soliciting involvement of a referring ID, or assisting in the solicitation of a referring ID of any existing or pending ID into another sales organization of which they are not currently an ID is also prohibited.
Non Interference and Exclusivity Policy:
During the term of this Agreement (and any renewals), I will not sell any other products for any entity competing with VISALUS. During the term of this Agreement (and any renewals) and for one (1) year thereafter, I will not solicit or recruit, VISALUS employees or Distributors, whether active or inactive, to participate in a network marketing program whether or not such marketing company offers products. I acknowledge that my violation of this provision will result in immediate termination of my Distributorship and payments of any kind.
ViSalus Sciences limits all distributor and customer purchases not to exceed $4999.00 in a one month period regardless of payment method. Inventory loading is not suggested or condoned by ViSalus Sciences and we monitor all account activity on a monthly basis. Should this occur the orders will be pulled and any position promotions put on hold until resolution is reached within a reasonable amount of time. Inventory consists of any products, Executive Success Systems and sales tools. Not more than one ESS should be purchased by an ID.
Retail Sales Policy:
ViSalus Sciences (“ViSalus”) has chosen a network marketing business model rather than other possible retail models. Therefore, Distributors are expected to rely on networking to sell product and recruit new Distributors pursuant to the following policies.
No Distributor shall advertise, store, or sell ViSalus products in public retail establishments, including but not limited to health food stores, drug stores, pharmacies, grocery stores, permanent flea markets, chain stores, shopping malls, or any other establishments in which the primary function is the retail sale of products rather than professional services.
However, ViSalus promotional materials and products may be displayed in the interior of private or restricted-access offices, business, private associations, fitness clubs and other establishments into which the general public is not allowed except by appointment or membership and in which the primary trade is the sale of professional services not products.
Distributors may not sell ViSalus products on Internet retail sites or online stores.
Policy on Auctioning ViSalus Products:
Auction web sites (such as eBay) are an invaluable tool used to promote and retail products these days. If used as a tool to promote your business, auction web sites can help promote your business successfully. If product prices are dropped below wholesale value or preferred customer pricing, an auction web site can have a negative impact on the relationship that a Distributor develops with his or her customers.
To uphold the integrity of the brand and protect the relationships that have been developed with our customers, ViSalus only allows the sale of products on auction web sites and Distributor web sites if the product price remains above or equal to wholesale pricing or preferred customer pricing. This rule applies to soliciting or receiving bids for ViSalus products on the Internet, through commercial auction web sites, online auction marketplaces or any other similar site that may enlist an open bid to generate product sales. Any violation of the above policy could result in the termination if your Distributorship. Distributors who violate this policy can also be held responsible for any potential revenue loss, legal fees, or other company losses that may result from their violation.
This Retail Sales Policy does not prohibit the advertisement of ViSalus pursuant to the following guidelines:
Distributors may feature ViSalus on personal websites, which must be approved by Marketing and Compliance before uploaded to the Internet and registered with any search engines.
Distributors may list distributor telephone or fax numbers in the white or yellow page section of a telephone book using the following format exactly:
Distributors may create generic advertising materials, but may not use any company logos, graphics, trademarked terms, phone numbers, names of corporate members, or anything else that in any way connects to ViSalus.
No Distributor shall retail product in violation with these guidelines, nor encourage Distributors in his/her downline organization to do so. Such action is grounds for disciplinary action including possible termination of distributorship.
Spamming is a message that advertises goods or services posted to a message board against stated policy, sent to someone without prior consent, or sent in the absence of a previous relationship. For purpose of ViSalus’ Anti-Spam Policy, Spam includes:
Email sent to people you don’t know
Emails sent to people you know, but who aren’t expecting a solicitation from you.
Off-topic or excessively multi-posted messages posted to Usenet news groups and message boards
Solicitations posted to chat rooms, or individuals via Internet Relay Chat or “Instant Messaging”
ViSalus strictly prohibits its ID’s from spamming and all other forms of Internet abuse to seek referrals. ViSalus may undertake, at its sole discretion with or without prior notice, the following actions:
Upon the receipt of a credible complaint ViSalus may immediately freeze the ID account of the individual implicated in the abuse. Frozen accounts are intended to prevent the abuser from benefiting from their abusive activities by prohibiting the offender from registering referrals or receiving payments. After a thorough investigation, if the spamming incident is verified but does not rise to the level of a terminable offense, ViSalus may, but is not obligated to, lift the freeze.
ID Account Termination:
Upon the receipt of a credible complaint, ViSalus may prohibited. The only method immediately terminate the for changing relationship is ID implicated in the abuse. to submit a written request Deactivating an ID results in the of resignation or interest in a immediate termination of the position, and after a period of position, access to all reports, no less than one (1) full calendar the forfeiture of any unpaid year from the date of the and/or future monies, and the resignation will authorization prohibition against any future ID to rejoin under another ID be position. permitted.
How to Report Abuse:
To report a violation of our Anti-Spam Policy, please forward all relevant evidence to: [email protected] attn: Compliance or write to:
1607 E Big Beaver Rd #110
Troy, MI 48083
Tampering of Funds:
Any ID tampering with funds or operating a bank account in the name of ViSalus, ViSalus Sciences or any similar name may have their ID position terminated.
Contact with Suppliers:
ID’s are strictly prohibited from any direct contact with suppliers whom ViSalus contracts unless it is in specific relation to a personal account they currently have with the said provider. An ID may contact a supplier in regards to a ViSalus customer only if having received prior written authorization from ViSalus. Please direct customers to contact their appropriate provider of service directly to resolve any problem or issue that may incur. ViSalus has contracted with companies that have trained staff available to handle such situations.
ViSalus believes in and maintains the maximum protection of the sponsor/enroller or enrolling and sponsoring relationship. Therefore, the changing of a sponsor or enroller is strictly prohibited. The only method for changing relationship is to submit a written request of resignation or interest in a position, and after a period of no less than one (1) full calendar year from the date of the resignation will authorization to rejoin under another ID be permitted.
NOTE: ViSalus will not mediate any disputes involving sponsorship. However, ViSalus does reserve the right to review sponsoring/enrolling practices.
VII. Sales Tools
Sales Tools & Merchandise
ViSalus™ strives to provide our Independent Distributors with the tools they need to market and promote their business effectively. At times, Distributors request permission to create their own marketing tools & materials. For those occasions, we have created the following policies to protect both the company Brand and Trademarks, as well as ensure Independent Distributors do not make claims that mis-represent the company, the business and income, or ViSalus products.
ViSalus™ is the sole owner of trademarks. By signing their Independent Distributor Agreement, each Independent Distributor agrees they will not use the Company’s trade name and/or trademarks except in the advertising and marketing tools provided by the Company, and/or advertising or marketing tools without prior written approval by the Company. These include apparel (t-shirts, hats, other clothing), promotional items (pens, decals, car window shields, etc.), advertising (tv, radio, internet), print tools (flyers, postcards, banners, brochures, etc.), website domains, website systems (replicable websites, training, etc) and other forms of display that promote the company, the products, or the opportunity.
Company marketing tools and materials may not be duplicated or re-produced. This includes manuals, Audio CDs, DVDs, Brochures, business cards, websites, web videos, etc. Reproduction of Corporate developed materials for personal use or re-sale profit will not be tolerated, and can result in deactivation and financial ramifactions.
Under certain conditions, 3 Star Ambassadors may be permitted to create additional marketing materials for personal and team use only. Any item created outside those provided by the Company must use the “Independent Distributor” logos provided by the company, and will not misrepresent the item or message as being a corporate sponsored or endorsed item. These cannot say “ViSalus™” or “ViSalus Sciences®.” All logos MUST stay in the correct format and font type as provided by the company. Logo’s are part of legal entities and trademarks, and are taken very seriously by ViSalus. Any supplemental materials created by the Independent Distributor must be approved in writing by the ViSalus™ Marketing Department before they can be used. Send the request and a copy of the proposed item or literature to marketing at [email protected]
The intent behind Distributor produced materials should be to support the building of their ViSalus business. Distributors should not be in the business of soliciting other Distributors to buy their merchandise. Distributors may not sell their own merchandise on ViSalus™ provided websites, at company sponsored events, on Facebook, or other community forums where the ViSalus community has a presence. The Distributor income opportunity should revolve around the sale of ViSalus products. No more than 5% of a 3 Star Ambassador’s total income should be made from selling their own tools. ViSalus Sciences® reserves the right to ask for an audit of sales, to ensure compliance with a focus on selling products. Refusal of the audit is grounds for termination.
Advertising, including Radio, TV, and Affiliate (internet lead generation) programs, internet banner ads and other types of marketing tools that mention ViSalus™ or ViSalus Sciences®, ViSalus products or opportunity need follow the same policy and be approved by the Company before they are aired, to ensure compliance with the brand, and product and opportunity claims.
Any violation of the above policies could result in the termination of your Distributorship. A Distributor who uses unapproved marketing materials assumes all liability for any claims that may violate FTC or FDA regulations. Distributors who violate this policy can also be held responsible for any potential revenue loss, legal fees, or other company losses that that may result from their violation.
ViSalus has developed these Policies and Procedures in order to maintain the order and integrity in our program and between our ID’s. ViSalus reserves the right to make any and all necessary changes to these policies and procedures, the compensation plan, and sales tools or materials. All active ID’s will be made aware of any said changes via the Documents on Demand system, or e-mail notification. If for any reason an ID violates any of the terms of the Agreement and/or these Policies and Procedures ViSalus reserves the right to immediately terminate or deactivate the ID position. Such action by ViSalus will terminate any and all rights of the ID and any further payments of any kind, and is effective at the time of said violation.
Independent Distributor Terms of Agreement
By joining ViSalus™ these are the Terms you have agreed to. Refer to the Policies and Procedures for detailed information.
- I acknowledge that I am of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
- I understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is not binding until received and accepted by VISALUS.
- I agree that as a Distributor, I am responsible for determining my own business activities and that I am not an agent, employee or legal representative of VISALUS. I am responsible for the payment of all federal and state employment taxes and any other tax required under any federal, state or regulatory law. In the event that I fail to provide VISALUS a valid Social Security Number or employer identification number, VISALUS may withhold commissions due to me until a valid number is provided.
- I understand that I am not being sold a franchise or business opportunity.
- I may terminate this Agreement for any reason, at any time, by giving VISALUS prior written notice. VISALUS may terminate this Agreement in writing upon violation of policies and procedures or in the event I violate any part of this Agreement. In such event, no further commissions will be paid by VISALUS. To terminate this Agreement, I must mail or deliver personally to VISALUS, a signed, dated written notice of cancellation sent to:
ViSalus Sciences, 1607 East
Big Beaver, Suite 110, Troy,
- I agree that as a VISALUS Distributor, I shall place primary emphasis upon the sale of Products and Services to non-distributor consumers as a condition of my receipt of commissions. Commissions I receive will be based upon fulfilling certain terms of qualification as set forth by the Marketing Program and Compensation Plans as may be amended from time to time. A three ($3.00) Dollar processing fee will apply to all payments.
- I agree to keep accurate records and to abide by all federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the sale or solicitation of the products and services marketed by VISALUS including, but not limited to, any and all permits and licenses required to perform under this Agreement.
- I understand that no attorney general or other regulatory authority ever reviews, endorses, or approves any product, subscription, compensation program or company, and I will make no such claim to others.
- I understand that a $25 Administration Fee will be charged annually to my credit card on file with ViSalus. This fee is for services, which include, but are not limited to, downline reporting, customer tracking and accounting services. The Administration Fee will be charged in the month of my enrollment anniversary and if not paid will result in my Distributorship being placed on Financial Hold for up to 120 days. If the Administration Fee remains unpaid 120 days after it was due, my Distributorship will be terminated and I will forfeit any commissions that were held since the time I was placed on Financial Hold. If my Distributorship is terminated, I understand that I must re-enroll as a brand new Distributor and will not be placed back in my original spot if I wish to pursue the ViSalus opportunity
- I agree that VISALUS shall not be liable under any circumstances for any damage or loss of any kind, including indirect, special, punitive, compensatory, or consequential damages, losses or profits which may result from any cause, including but not limited to, breach of warranty, delay, act, error or omission of VISALUS, or in the event of discontinuation or Policies & Procedures modification of a product or service offered by VISALUS.
- VISALUS shall periodically make sales literature and/or promotional materials available. However, I am under no obligation to purchase any materials or literature at any time. Refunds shall not be allowed under any circumstances, including, but not limited to, termination of this Agreement, obsolescence of such sales literature or promotional materials, or any other reason. Except as specified in paragraph 24.
- I agree that as a Distributor, this Agreement grants me the limited authority to promote and sell the products VISALUS markets subject to the terms and conditions established by VISALUS from time to time.
- I will not make any false or misleading statements about VISALUS or its marketing program. I agree that I will operate in a lawful, ethical and moral manner and will not engage in or perform any misleading, deceptiveor unethical practices. In the event I violate any of these conditions, my position may be terminated without further payment or compensation of any kind.
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for supervising and supporting Distributors I sponsor into the program and in my commissionable network. I agree to maintain monthly communication and support to those individuals in my commissionable network through written or verbal communication and attendance at meetings.
- I acknowledge that VISALUS expressly reserves all proprietary rights to the company name, logo, trademarks, service marks (“Proprietary Marks”) and copyrighted materials. I understand, acknowledge and agree that any monies which I pay VISALUS are in consideration of my receiving a non-exclusive license, during the term of this Agreement to use the Proprietary Marks of VISALUS in conjunction with the marketing program provided to me. I further agree that I will not use VISALUS’s Proprietary Marks in any form whatsoever except as permitted in writing by VISALUS or in advertising or promotion materials provided, designed or published by VISALUS. I understand that I may not photocopy or duplicate any materials provided by or purchased from VISALUS without written authorization and that the unauthorized use of any Proprietary Mark is a violation of federal law and this Agreement, constituting grounds for termination of this Agreement by VISALUS.
- I understand that as a Distributor, I am free to select my own means, methods and manner of operation and that I am free to choose the hours and location of my activities under this Agreement, subject only to the terms of this Agreement and VISALUS Policies and Procedures.
- I acknowledge that I am not guaranteed any income nor am I assured any profits or success. I certify that no claims of guaranteed profits or representations of expected earnings that might result from my efforts have been made by VISALUS or any VISALUS Distributors. In this connection, I shall not represent directly or indirectly that any person may, can or will earn any stated gross or net amount, nor that sponsorship of others is easy to secure or retain, or that substantially all Distributors will succeed.
- I acknowledge that I have the right to sign up as many personal customers as I wish. I will receive a commission each month from my personal customers’ purchases and my downline network in accordance with the VISALUS Compensation Plan then in effect.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless VISALUS from any and all claims losses, damages and expenses, including any attorney’s fees, arising out of my actions or conduct in violation of this Agreement, Compensation Plan or any Policy or Procedure of VISALUS. I agree that in order to recoup any damages and expenses it has incurred due to such violation(s), VISALUS may offset any commissions or other payments due me. In the event a dispute arises as to the respective rights, duties and obligations under this Agreement, Compensation Plan or the Policies and Procedures of VISALUS, it is agreed that such disputes shall be exclusively resolved in the Circuit Court for Oakland County, State of Michigan, or Federal Court located in Detroit, Michigan. Michigan law shall apply to the resolution of all disputes. Louisiana residents may choose Louisiana law and jurisdiction.
- I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the VISALUS Policies and Procedures and Compensation Plan, which are incorporated herein by reference and are binding upon me. In order to maintain a viable marketing program and to comply with changes in federal, state or local laws or economic conditions, VISALUS may revise its Compensation Plan and Policies and Procedures from time to time. All changes thereto shall be effective upon verbal or written notice to me and become a binding part of this Agreement. The home office prior to use or publication must approve all advertisements using the Proprietary Marks of VISALUS.
- I acknowledge that this Agreement, Compensation Plan and the Policies and Procedures incorporated herein by reference, constitute the entire Agreement between the parties and shall not be modified or amended except in writing signed by VISALUS. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of heirs, successors, and permitted assigns of the parties hereto. If any provision of the Agreement is determined by any authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable in part or in whole for any reason whatsoever, the validity of the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall not be affected thereby.
- I agree to abide by the terms of the noninterference and non-disclosure policy of VISALUS.
- During the term of this Agreement (and any renewals), I will not sell any other products for any entity competing with VISALUS. During the term of this Agreement (and any renewals) and for one (1) year thereafter, I will not solicit or recruit, VISALUS employees or Distributors, whether active or inactive, to participate in a network marketing program whether or not such marketing company offers products. I acknowledge that my violation of this provision will result in immediate termination of my Distributorship and payments of any kind.
- ViSalus ESS and Business Opportunity Return Policy: An Independent Distributor who cancels their Distributorship within 30 days of enrollment may return unused products from the Executive Success System which are unopened and in resalable condition. A refund will be issued for the value of the Business Opportunity ($49) and the value of unused and saleable products up to $450. If an Independent Distributor cancels their Distributorship within their first year but more than 30 days after their enrollment date, the same guidelines apply however returned, saleable products will result in a product credit equal to the discounted value of those products (up to $450) rather than a refund and will be subject to a restocking